Ultimate space simulation software

JackDole
World Builder
World Builder

Help with creating Mods and Addons

02 Jan 2018 01:18

tRetro-Visor wrote:
Source of the post I'm aware that you can export a description of an object, but is there a way to make that description part of an addon?

Of course.
If you export a planet or a moon, you just have to give it a unique name. The numbers that SpaceEngine uses for planets do not work in scripts. For example, if you have several planets with the same number, SE does not know which planets their moons belong to, if they have any.
You also need to adjust 'ParentBody', and possibly the 'SemiMajorAxis', so that the planet has an acceptable temperature.

If you are exporting a whole system, you have to create a 'StarBarycenter'.
Like this:
StarBarycenter "MySystem"
{
     RA 12 30 44.24
     Dec -71 45 22.19
     Dist 150
}

This script belongs in 'addons\catalogs\stars'
In the exported script you set 'MySystem' as 'ParentBody' for the star.
But now comes the problematic - you have to change all names and 'ParentBody' in the script!

I have here an example system that I have exported from SE 0.95 to SE 0.974 RC2. It should also work with SE 0.980.
Ddargan BC.sc
(326 Bytes) Downloaded 16 times
(Put in 'addons\catalogs\stars')
Ddargan.sc
(131.06 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
(Put in 'addons\catalogs\planets')

Gnargenox
Pioneer
Pioneer

02 Jan 2018 02:44

Toril.jpg

Thank you sir. Now I understand scripts a little better now. That was all I needed!
Attachments
scr01431.jpg
scr01432.jpg
CPU: AMD FX-8350 8 core processor 4GHz / GPU: GeForce GT 730 @ 1920x1080, 60Hz with 1GB adapter RAM / RAM: Patriot Signature 4GB 1600MHz 240-Pin DDR3 (only 2GB work, don't buy it) / Motherboard: MSI 970 Gaming MS-7693

tRetro-Visor
Explorer
Explorer

02 Jan 2018 07:16

JackDole wrote:

I meant the description you give to an object on the wiki.

This thing.
What you said is exactly what I've done for my custom systems all the time. Having this info area with a bit of information is what I want to include as part of the addon, but I don't know how to use the exported file

JackDole
World Builder
World Builder

02 Jan 2018 10:57

tRetro-Visor wrote:
Source of the post I meant the description you give to an object on the wiki.

You could supply a text file containing the descriptions. This file must then be added by hand to the 'user-eng-db.cfg'. (Or in the corresponding file in the respective language.)

Currently I know no other solution.

tRetro-Visor
Explorer
Explorer

02 Jan 2018 17:14

JackDole wrote:
JackDole wrote:
Source of the post Currently I know no other solution

yeah I'll do that. I'll attach the custom description file separately and users will have to copy and paste it to their respective user-eng-db.cfg file

Spinecone
Observer
Observer

04 Jan 2018 05:03

Speaking of elevation, is there a way to make the 3D modeling possible when you don't have cubemap textures because of the low quality? Or like, would there be a way to convert cylindrical maps into cubic ones?

aFinapple
Astronaut
Astronaut

04 Jan 2018 17:41

I'm trying to make a star, but when I put the code into a .sc file, i cannot find my star. Am I missing something?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
"You're capable of such beautiful dreams, and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off, so alone, only you're not. See, in all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable, is each other.”- Carl Sagan

Mosfet
World Builder
World Builder

04 Jan 2018 17:53

Are you placing your script file under addons/catalogs/stars folder? I'm afraid can't really read the code.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

aFinapple
Astronaut
Astronaut

04 Jan 2018 18:04

Yes, and here is the code sorry 

Star    “Monais”
{
RA       16 10 45  
Dec     -25 12 11 
Dist     100.0     
Class   “G2V”      
Lum      0.84       
RadSol   0.95      
MassSol  0.91      
Teff     5200   
}

and also in regard to my other post that you helped with, I tried creating blue oceans but got light pink...
The color RGB is 0, 105, 148, and the RGBA is 0, 0.411, 0.580, 1.000, unless i did something wrong
"You're capable of such beautiful dreams, and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off, so alone, only you're not. See, in all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable, is each other.”- Carl Sagan

JackDole
World Builder
World Builder

05 Jan 2018 02:45

aFinapple wrote:
Source of the post Yes, and here is the code sorry

You have the wrong quotes, for the name of the star and for the class.
You have , you need " !

aFinapple
Astronaut
Astronaut

05 Jan 2018 11:15

Is there anyway to enable procedural moon generation for say a gas giant? If so what are the parameters? 

JackDole
World Builder
World Builder

05 Jan 2018 13:10

aFinapple wrote:
Source of the post Is there anyway to enable procedural moon generation for say a gas giant? If so what are the parameters?

No.
But if you give me the name of the planet and the mass and the radius and how many moons you want, I can possibly create a script for such moons.
(And the planet's distance from the sun in AU would also be very useful.)
The distribution of the moons will not be as good as if they had been created with SE, but maybe quite useful.

aFinapple
Astronaut
Astronaut

05 Jan 2018 16:20

I have a slight problem... Whenever I go to my man-made planet, the water is just there. It does not have a texture, and disappears whenever I get close enough. I have my planet(s) .sc files if you want them 
Attachments
Solas.sc
(14.79 KiB) Downloaded 15 times

XBrain130
Explorer
Explorer

06 Jan 2018 01:26

aFinapple wrote:
Source of the post It does not have a texture

its normal, currently water is rendered simply as a blue-hued transparent layer with basic ripple animation

aFinapple wrote:
Source of the post disappears whenever I get close enough

it doesn't, you're simply diving into it
SpaceEngine's Italian Discord server: https://discord.gg/NhQbEbC

aFinapple
Astronaut
Astronaut

07 Jan 2018 08:23

Can someone check over my .sc parameters for my system for orbital errors? The orbital periods of the inner planets are longer than the farther out planets. 
Attachments
RaoSystem.sc
(10.1 KiB) Downloaded 19 times