Ultimate space simulation software

Antonaccio
Observer
Observer
Topic Author

Antonaccio & Stefan's Exoplanet Add-ons

14 Dec 2016 23:32

This is my attempt to scientifically represent exoplanet systems as if we had been studying them for some time. Complete with moons, dwarf planets, asteroid belts, comets, and known exoplanets. I use various sources of information from (mostly) free scientific papers to help build each system, though some have far more information than others, so at times I do tend to use the S.W.A.G method. 

On another note, the limitations of current exoplanet hunting methods likely leave a lot of planets undiscovered, so I took the liberty of adding (plausible) fake exoplanets that have either been inferred by the data or passed stability tests with other simulators.

All add-ons are below as attachments or links to Google Drive. (The files for everything should be released this Friday).

MULTI-PLANETARY SYSTEMS

TAU CETI - VERSION 3: Planetary Atmospheres 
Adds exoplanets (real & fake) with plausible atmospheres, Moons (Dwarf Moons & Primary Moons), Asteroid Belt & Kuiper Belt (Dwarf Planets coming with Version 4), Comets (Short & Long Period) + 8 named (They are named after the First Hundred from my favorite sci-fi collection: Red, Green, and Blue Mars). 
► Show Spoiler
The Planets of Tau Ceti
► Show Spoiler
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
(Coming Soon)

KEPLER-62 - VERSION 2: The Second Wave 
Adds Exoplanets (real & fake), Moons (Primary & Dwarf), Asteroid Belt & Kuiper Belt (Dwarf Planets coming with Version 3), and Comets (Long Period Only - Short Periods coming with Version 3).
► Show Spoiler
The Planets of Kepler-62 
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

HD 10180 - VERSION 1: Beyond Earth - Coming Soon
Adds Exoplanets (real & fake), Moons (Primary & Dwarf), Asteroid Belt & Kuiper Belt (Dwarf Planets coming with Version 3), and Comets
► Show Spoiler
SINGLE-PLANET SYSTEMS
PROXIMA CENTAURI - VERSION 1: Starshot - Coming Soon
Adds Exoplanets (Real & Fake), Moons (Primary & Dwarf)
► Show Spoiler

Roswell
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

30 Jan 2017 00:14

I wonder if it's work on 0.980 ?

Antonaccio
Observer
Observer
Topic Author

30 Jan 2017 23:53

It does. Everything is updated but I'm incredibly busy with work and school that I haven't uploaded anything. I've passed everything onto Stefan should he have the time to update the page. But seeing as we're both in school, it may be some time.

alfa015
Astronaut
Astronaut

26 Jul 2017 17:33

This is my attempt to scientifically represent exoplanet systems as if we had been studying them for some time. Complete with moons, dwarf planets, asteroid belts, comets, and known exoplanets. I use various sources of information from (mostly) free scientific papers to help build each system, though some have far more information than others, so at times I do tend to use the S.W.A.G method. 

On another note, the limitations of current exoplanet hunting methods likely leave a lot of planets undiscovered, so I took the liberty of adding (plausible) fake exoplanets that have either been inferred by the data or passed stability tests with other simulators.

All add-ons are below as attachments or links to Google Drive. (The files for everything should be released this Friday).

MULTI-PLANETARY SYSTEMS

TAU CETI - VERSION 3: Planetary Atmospheres 
Adds exoplanets (real & fake) with plausible atmospheres, Moons (Dwarf Moons & Primary Moons), Asteroid Belt & Kuiper Belt (Dwarf Planets coming with Version 4), Comets (Short & Long Period) + 8 named (They are named after the First Hundred from my favorite sci-fi collection: Red, Green, and Blue Mars). 
► Show Spoiler
The Planets of Tau Ceti
► Show Spoiler
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
(Coming Soon)

KEPLER-62 - VERSION 2: The Second Wave 
Adds Exoplanets (real & fake), Moons (Primary & Dwarf), Asteroid Belt & Kuiper Belt (Dwarf Planets coming with Version 3), and Comets (Long Period Only - Short Periods coming with Version 3).
► Show Spoiler
The Planets of Kepler-62 
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

HD 10180 - VERSION 1: Beyond Earth - Coming Soon
Adds Exoplanets (real & fake), Moons (Primary & Dwarf), Asteroid Belt & Kuiper Belt (Dwarf Planets coming with Version 3), and Comets
► Show Spoiler
SINGLE-PLANET SYSTEMS
PROXIMA CENTAURI - VERSION 1: Starshot - Coming Soon
Adds Exoplanets (Real & Fake), Moons (Primary & Dwarf)
► Show Spoiler
I hope tau ceti e is like that.. dunno why it is taking so long for scientits to confirm it

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer

25 Nov 2017 16:12

Why is this in the List of Mods for SE when there are no actual download links?
Specs: STGAubron desktop PC; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060/PCIe/SSE2 12 GB Vram, Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz, 12 cpus; 32 GB RAM; Windows 11 x64