Free planetarium

Watsisname
Science Officer
Science Officer

Show off your work

02 Sep 2017 17:11

Solaris wrote:
Source of the post One time, a group of dolfins came close to the boat and start playing around it as they like to do, it was night time, and something so eerie happened, as the dolfins swim, the Noctiluca Scintillans is being disrupted and a trail of light appear on and behind the dolfins. I could clearly saw their shape and the path they had took for few short secs, and when they dived deep down, the trail followed. The sea was pitch black and they were moving around in 3d surrounded by this electrical blue sparkling color. They played for few minutes and leaved. it was one surreal and magic moment.

Awesome story -- that surely must have been one of the most amazing of experiences. :) To me I find it an even more powerful than a good aurora display.  Especially since it's so interactive and right there.  No matter how many times I see it, it always startles and slightly unnerves me when I'm going through the pitch black water under a serene starry sky, and all of a sudden the water explodes with these lights.  It's beautiful but also strikes some kind of primal fear, and I imagine what it must be like to be a creature in the deep ocean, content to be in darkness until a glowing nightmare predator materializes right next to you.