Total votes: 17

Harge
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

What web browser do you you use? (POLL)

01 Dec 2018 13:43

Mine is Chrome, what about yours?
I knew I was an idiot in the past, I have toned down since then.

NathanKerbonaut
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

01 Dec 2018 15:57

I use Chrome. I'd use another browser (preferably one that doesn't use as much memory) but I'm too acclimated to Chrome.
I like cute pokemon and space games.
My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=173
Profile pic source: https://goo.gl/JdZX5v

vlad01
Pioneer
Pioneer

01 Dec 2018 17:59

Firefox, mainly because I have used it since beta 0.7 and that chrome hogs CPU with video decoding while firefox doesn't.

I have used Opera as well, I prefer both Opera and FF over chrome.  I also feel chrome hasn't updated for years and feels clunky and antiquated in 2018 compared to the other browsers.

Watsisname
Science Officer
Science Officer

01 Dec 2018 19:19

Why only 1 option?

I use Chrome and Firefox and Safari, depending on where I am and what I'm doing.  Right now I'm on Chrome.

A-L-E-X
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

01 Dec 2018 20:11

I use a bunch too.  Chrome is a huge memory hog for some things, so I use Firefox also.  Firefox is also considered a much more secure browser.

I actually different versions of both browsers, I can have up to 5 running at one time.  The regular Firefox and Chrome as well as the versions Comodo makes (called Chromodo, Dragon and Ice Dragon), also considering getting Opera, which for some reason has also decided to become a Chrome variant.

Stellarator
World Builder
World Builder

01 Dec 2018 23:28

Firefox. It's hassle-free and sleek in operation. Plus it didn't crash constantly like Chrome :roll:.
Futurum Fusionem

N0B0DY
Explorer
Explorer

25 Feb 2019 09:41

I use Firefox but I also have chrome installed just in case some site(s) may have a special preference/favor for it. Obviously M$s browsers are installed by default but I only use them for the same reason as chrome.
When I was much younger I used to use Netscape (oh those glorious early internet days...).

midtskogen
World Builder
World Builder

25 Feb 2019 13:45

N0B0DY wrote:
Source of the post When I was much younger I used to use Netscape (oh those glorious early internet days...).

I remember Mosaic when it was launched.  That changed everything and brought the much hyped world wide web to the masses. With Mosaic it became clear that this was superior to gopher.  I did switch from Mosaic to Netscape when Netscape came out.  Then I moved to Opera, then to Mozilla, and now I'm on Chrome.  Browsers have become monsters eating gigabytes of memory for breakfast, which was why I moved from Mozilla to Chrome, but Chrome is pretty bad too.
NIL DIFFICILE VOLENTI