Ultimate space simulation software

Watsisname
Science Officer
Science Officer

Dreams you've had

17 Jan 2017 03:39

That was one of the sacred texts of Xiuhtecuhtli. Careful, they are explosive.

11ryanc
Observer
Observer

Dreams you've had

17 Jan 2017 18:04

For those wondering. To dream of waking up is called a "false awakening". I get them occasionally. Sometimes when trying to "wiggle" my way out of a dream once I realize I'm not really awake, I'll end up in sleep paralysis. I can usually break from it, but sometimes I end up just falling back asleep or being tossed into a false awakening.
Over the past few years, I've become very subconscious of my dreams. I have many vivid lucid dreams. Some in which I've even taken control over. Be warned though, to try and induce one may result in sleep paralysis. Doesn't exactly float my boat...
I had a particularly disturbing dream a few months ago. My nightmares are normally pretty vague and goofy, so this was a real turning point for me. So basically it started off with me at home watching over the little sis. I took my phone out, but could never get anyone to pick up. So I became weary and stepped outside to find crime scene investigators across the street. Rest of the dream doesn't really make any sense, so I'll skip to the next segment. I can't remember if this was during the same night, but it was a direct followup to the aforementioned. Same sort of "dreamworld" I suppose you could say. This time I'm in the office of some school. In the dream, my appearance was also pretty screwed up. It was like I was my former 13 year old self or something. So I'm in this office filling out paperwork, and this balding man about 6 ft tall with long black hair wearing a black leather jacket starts violently assaulting the administrators. Slammed their heads against the desk hard enough to make them bleed. Their eyes remained opened and never blinked after that. I wasn't sure if they were dead or not. It was so creepy. I'm breaking like hell to get out of that place, and by the time I'm mid way across the street several metres from the building, he pulls a gun on me. I go running down the road and he keeps up behind with some distance. I can't see his figure, but I know he's somewhere close keeping up with me. As I run down the street, I notice that it's my own neighborhood. Though in a maze dreamy way. All the houses had a great amount of space beside them, and the street felt so long. I eventually get to the corner where I see construction being done on one place, but there is nobody there once I approach it. Construction equipment is visible, a fully finished home that appeared to be occupied. But nobody there. The subdivision was just empty. Just me and that f***er chasing me with the gun. I woke up after that. Always hated those "trapped" dreams. If I ever end up back there again, I'll show that dream attacker what the end of a 9 mm looks like :) Anyway......
Dreams are screwy. Deal with em, have fun with em. Don't read too deep into them. I miss the days where I could sleep and wake up feeling like I never dreamt 8-)
If it's any connection, I notice the real "vivid" dreams are usually early in the morning near the end of my sleep. I'll often times briefly wake up, and go straight into REM and have a memorable/sometimes lucid dream.
Intel Core i7 4790k, MSI Z97 PC Mate, EVGA GTX 950, 16 GB DDR3

Watsisname
Science Officer
Science Officer

Dreams you've had

18 Jan 2017 04:37

Yeah, the cycles in brain activity & REM tend to grow longer later in your sleep period.  If dreams in early cycles are like artsy film shorts, then later ones are like feature length blockbuster movies.  And the dream of endlessly trying to escape a pursuer seems to be a common and primal sort of fear.

I do have a different view on the experience of sleep paralysis and other oddities that can happen when exploring the dream world.  They can be quite disturbing, for sure, but I think one's mindset can also make a big difference as to what you get out of it.

For example, my first time inducing a lucid dream from a waking state involved going through a timultuous transition, and it was one of the most bizarre experiences of my life.  It was like having an electric current build through my whole body, then getting torn apart by the atoms, and suddenly being replaced with a dream body.  Not to mention the sounds and the sights while all this was going on.  It was pretty crazy.

When I tell that to people curious about trying this technique, they often ask "were you scared" or "did it hurt"?.  But it was just too surreal an experience to say that I really felt either of those things.  I found it more interesting than scary, and I was too absorbed by all the other things going on to say that I was burdened with a feeling of pain.  I've happily repeated it many times! I see it almost like a rite of passage for entering the dream in that way.  I dunno.  I'm weird. :)  It's probably not for everyone.

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Dreams you've had

18 Jan 2017 08:56

They can be quite disturbing, for sure, but I think one's mindset can also make a big difference as to what you get out of it.
One time I had sleep paralysis I woke up, realized I couldn't move, saw a dark corner in my room, and then I saw a black shadow take form.  The thing stood up almost as tall as the ceiling, spread out arms that wings dropped down out of, and it opened these glowing blood red eyes.  The thing flew directly at me and I snapped awake so fast I said a nice big expletive.

Another time I woke up, saw my door was open, then I heard a loud ringing sound that continued to get louder, immediately thought of alien abductions and wouldn't you know right in my door was an alien grey peaking at me followed by a bright light and I snapped awake.

Sleep paralysis and I go back a long time, but only in the last few years have I had hallucinations when it happens.
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer

Dreams you've had

19 Jan 2017 01:17

I've had sleep paralysis at least once. This was before I realized it might've been considered sleep paralysis, so I was just confused more than terrified.

Anyways, this dream that I posted on Reddit some months back has stuck with me since then.
The dream starts out in the 21st century, where I see a "fast forwarded real time" view of the world, as if it were a weather temperature map. The years go by rapidly, and the seasonal temperature band jumps up and down while slowly expanding. After 2050 or so, the Earth is hot enough for a new circulation cell in the atmosphere, the equatorial desert belt described as a torrid zone. I can see forest and wild fires going off like crazy all over the world. For some reason, I can also see plane crashes.
The new equatorial desert belt starts off as a tiny sliver of ultra hot temperatures, but by 2100 it is just as big as the other deserts, which have migrated closer to the poles to compensate. I switch to looking at the clouds, and sure enough, I can see the new trade winds carrying clouds eastwards on the equator. This part of the dream ends here.

Fast forward about several centuries (Before Y3K for sure), I am on board a medieval ship, sailing west, in southern Australia, possibly near Tasmania. I am in what looks like a river, with an island in the middle to our immediate east. I am the only on left who still has 21st century knowledge. A companion on my ship tells me that the life we see on the riverbanks and the surrounding plains is the only life left on the entire planet. The rest is a desert wasteland. Us humans are confined to this region as a result. There are two hurricanes, one due east and another to the south of the first hurricane.

At some point, I hear an unknown voice saying "<bleep> you. God is saying <bleep> you." I turn to look east, and see the dark crescent of a giant asteroid. About as bright as the daytime moon's crescent, since it is daytime. My travel companion is the ignorant type, so I grab him by the hair to force him to see the asteroid and yell, "That is coming down to kill us all!"

Previously stationary in the sky, the asteroid rapidly accelerates downward, as if by the Hand of God. I am expecting it to visibly burn, but it turns out the impact site is extremely far away, as it does not show the fires of atmospheric entry even after vanishing below the horizon, with my dream self still knowing all this and recognizing the curvature of the Earth. Seconds later, I see a giant column of white clouds rise above the eastern horizon, followed by lava bombs which slowly arch through the skies and begin landing everywhere. People on the ship and on shore begin screaming in terror as the lava bombs start reaching us. After about a minute, the shockwave of smoke, fire, and the ground rising into the air to form the crater, reaches me, consuming the river island just before consuming me and waking me up.
Interestingly, during the first part with the temperature map, it was synced almost exactly with the Space Engine track "Sanctum", which I had added to my playlists in windows media player and some of my other games several months before the dream.
Specs: STGAubron desktop PC; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060/PCIe/SSE2 12 GB Vram, Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz, 12 cpus; 32 GB RAM; Windows 11 x64

11ryanc
Observer
Observer

Dreams you've had

21 Jan 2017 19:06

I've had sleep paralysis at least once. This was before I realized it might've been considered sleep paralysis, so I was just confused more than terrified.

Anyways, this dream that I posted on Reddit some months back has stuck with me since then.
The dream starts out in the 21st century, where I see a "fast forwarded real time" view of the world, as if it were a weather temperature map. The years go by rapidly, and the seasonal temperature band jumps up and down while slowly expanding. After 2050 or so, the Earth is hot enough for a new circulation cell in the atmosphere, the equatorial desert belt described as a torrid zone. I can see forest and wild fires going off like crazy all over the world. For some reason, I can also see plane crashes.
The new equatorial desert belt starts off as a tiny sliver of ultra hot temperatures, but by 2100 it is just as big as the other deserts, which have migrated closer to the poles to compensate. I switch to looking at the clouds, and sure enough, I can see the new trade winds carrying clouds eastwards on the equator. This part of the dream ends here.

Fast forward about several centuries (Before Y3K for sure), I am on board a medieval ship, sailing west, in southern Australia, possibly near Tasmania. I am in what looks like a river, with an island in the middle to our immediate east. I am the only on left who still has 21st century knowledge. A companion on my ship tells me that the life we see on the riverbanks and the surrounding plains is the only life left on the entire planet. The rest is a desert wasteland. Us humans are confined to this region as a result. There are two hurricanes, one due east and another to the south of the first hurricane.

At some point, I hear an unknown voice saying "<bleep> you. God is saying <bleep> you." I turn to look east, and see the dark crescent of a giant asteroid. About as bright as the daytime moon's crescent, since it is daytime. My travel companion is the ignorant type, so I grab him by the hair to force him to see the asteroid and yell, "That is coming down to kill us all!"

Previously stationary in the sky, the asteroid rapidly accelerates downward, as if by the Hand of God. I am expecting it to visibly burn, but it turns out the impact site is extremely far away, as it does not show the fires of atmospheric entry even after vanishing below the horizon, with my dream self still knowing all this and recognizing the curvature of the Earth. Seconds later, I see a giant column of white clouds rise above the eastern horizon, followed by lava bombs which slowly arch through the skies and begin landing everywhere. People on the ship and on shore begin screaming in terror as the lava bombs start reaching us. After about a minute, the shockwave of smoke, fire, and the ground rising into the air to form the crater, reaches me, consuming the river island just before consuming me and waking me up.
Interestingly, during the first part with the temperature map, it was synced almost exactly with the Space Engine track "Sanctum", which I had added to my playlists in windows media player and some of my other games several months before the dream.
That's easily the most badass nightmare I've heard of, lol. IDK what's up with me, but I keep having very vivid dreams on a nearly daily basis. Just uncomfortable lifelike situations. I wake up feeling deprived of rest over it. It's like my mind never really shuts off for the night.
Intel Core i7 4790k, MSI Z97 PC Mate, EVGA GTX 950, 16 GB DDR3

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer

Dreams you've had

22 Jan 2017 03:16

From my perspective, tbh, the dream was more terrifying than any form of awesome. As someone who grew up with star trek and was once hopeful about the future, dreams like these aren't my favorite, to say the least.
Specs: STGAubron desktop PC; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060/PCIe/SSE2 12 GB Vram, Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz, 12 cpus; 32 GB RAM; Windows 11 x64

Banana
Astronaut
Astronaut

Dreams you've had

23 Jan 2017 22:13

I haven't had any dreams at all lately. I go through phases lasting about two weeks that go from multiple, vivid dreams a night to absolutely nothing. 
Bananas are eggcellent.

scruffygamer
Observer
Observer

Dreams you've had

24 Jan 2017 16:57

I had a terrifying dream about someone capturing me in my school and there was a huge tornado coming, but the kidnapper didn't care at all. Then, at the last few seconds, my family found me and grabbed me and brought me into the car. We drove away with the tornado behind us, and then I woke up.
Just someone.

Salvo
Pioneer
Pioneer

Dreams you've had

26 Jan 2017 02:57

I dreamt about having a social life.

:roll:
The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 RAM: 8 GBs

duckthatkillsworlds
Observer
Observer

Dreams you've had

26 Jan 2017 06:01

i've dreamed about trowing the death star in the sun before it destroyed the milk planet as you can see.. i love milk.

Ostarisk
Astronaut
Astronaut

Dreams you've had

02 Feb 2017 19:21

Recently I had what I personally think is one of my biggest nightmares. Ever.

So it starts off with me and a 'friend' with me sitting on the couch, playing video games on a console that looked like a morph between a Xbox 360 and a Playstation 4. We were playing some sort of futuristic racing game and my 'friend' is begging to have a turn. my so called friend is a girl that looks like no real life friend that I have, though I remember thinking in my dream "She is my friend."

So I finally give her a turn, and in doing so, the TV sucks us into the game, where we find ourselves in some sort of low-quality boarding school. A lot of other people are around and a teacher in there announces that dinner is ready.

We head to the boarding school's dining hall, where I somehow already know where it is. In the hall lay a buffet table filled with everything from sweet to bitter. I notice a load of green and pink cupcakes, lollipops, and cake along the non-dessert foods. For some reason, I decide to eat the dessert first, and my friend decides the same as well. Suddenly, after eating for a while the teacher calls out "Death time!" and everyone follows the teacher, to this room, with ramps going down to the sides of the room, leading to some green foam mats. The teacher explains the people who decided to eat dessert first will have to slide to the ramps onto the green mats, on which the people on them will disintegrate in nothingness in an instant, Dying, obviously.

So the teacher begins to call out names, while I uncontrollably begin to wander around the room. Eventually, I misplace my foot and the ramp and begin sliding down without control. I hit the green mat and think "I'm going to die."  So I stare at the wall for a few seconds, in fear, after seeing my friend be disintegrated. Suddenly, everything goes black. I hear I noise like TV static and see sparks of white flying before me. I feel paralysed and my 'eyes' widen in fear, making me wake up.
My Mods(Old Forum)
My Mods(New Forum)
"I think of space not as the final frontier but as the next frontier. Not as something to be conquered but as to be explored." - Neil Degrasse Tyson

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Dreams you've had

02 Feb 2017 19:44

Ostarisk, what if when we die we wake up 
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Salvo
Pioneer
Pioneer

Dreams you've had

07 Feb 2017 02:41

Yesterday I had a very weird dream. I've dreamed about being a young girl in an old stadium (apparently in Roman empire age) and I had a weird tea that, every time you drink it, shows you in the sky an old philosopher that talks you about supernovae, and you actually see the supernovae and all the effects related to it. After a while I meet a friend (another girl) and I wanted to give her some of this tea, but she didn't want to, as soon as she decide to drink it the parents of both appears and takes us away.

I mean... what?!
The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 RAM: 8 GBs

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Dreams you've had

07 Feb 2017 10:03

Your brain it's elaborating your recent experience of translating Anaxagoras, and other things you did that I don't have the faintest idea.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |