Ultimate space simulation software

Jackdaw
Astronaut
Astronaut
Topic Author

0.981's nebula effect reminds me of Elite: Dangerous ...

15 Aug 2017 01:48

Their styles look pretty similar! 

This one is from Blog post of 29 July 2017 – Space Engine

This is from Elite: Dangerous (https://imgur.com/QWL9clg)
"...perch`e i nostri discorsi hanno a essere sopra un mondo sensibile, e non sopra un mondo di carta."

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 8G RAM: 32 GBs Storage (of SE): WD SN750 250G

the photo guy
Explorer
Explorer

15 Aug 2017 02:12

that's a good thing right? elite dangerous has a lot of science in it as far as I know and if there nebulas are accurate in elite dangerous then having them look like that in space engine means that they are also accurate :D. but if there not then well there still amazing! the new 0.981 system chart in space engine is also very similar to elite dangerous.  
I don't really come on here anymore, I used to! a lot. but now Its kind of just for news and stuff. I don't talk anymore :/

Jackdaw
Astronaut
Astronaut
Topic Author

15 Aug 2017 03:12

that's a good thing right?
Of course it's a good thing! I love both games, and those magnificent scenes in them! 
"...perch`e i nostri discorsi hanno a essere sopra un mondo sensibile, e non sopra un mondo di carta."

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 8G RAM: 32 GBs Storage (of SE): WD SN750 250G

the photo guy
Explorer
Explorer

15 Aug 2017 03:20

that's a good thing right?
Of course it's a good thing! I love both games, and those magnificent scenes in them! 
agreed! everything in elite dangerous is very greatly designed! especially the white dwarfs, neutron stars and black holes. I haven't made it too far as I am a competent in combat and a scout in exploration. I still got a long ways! it would be nice if space engine had similar rank mechanics. :)    
I don't really come on here anymore, I used to! a lot. but now Its kind of just for news and stuff. I don't talk anymore :/

FastFourierTransform
Pioneer
Pioneer

15 Aug 2017 04:55

that's a good thing right? elite dangerous has a lot of science
Not even comparable to the scientific realism of Space Engine in fact. Elite dangerous is just a game, SE is way more

the photo guy
Explorer
Explorer

15 Aug 2017 10:36

that's a good thing right? elite dangerous has a lot of science
Not even comparable to the scientific realism of Space Engine in fact. Elite dangerous is just a game, SE is way more
Your right but this is nebula. Im pretty sure elite dangerous can pull off nebula just as good as space engine can.  For now ;) But as for planets for example you would be correct. Elite dangerous doesn't have nearly as much information and physics with planets then space engine has right now. Spaceengineer should be proud of his work! He has done a lot and so far all of that work has been impressive sense the start :)  

P.S. thank you for your answer in science and astronomy discussion with the black hole. :D

Jackdaw
Astronaut
Astronaut
Topic Author

15 Aug 2017 22:50

Not even comparable to the scientific realism of Space Engine in fact.
I can't agree with you. Have you found a Herbig Ae/Be star in SE? I never did. 
But there are lots of them in Elite Dangerous. 
Yes, ED is a game, but it's done well as a video game. Yet SE is a space sim game engine, so it should be more accurate, that's true. But the fact is, both of them have their own pros and cons. ED has no accretion disks around BHs and NSs, while SE doesn't have those beautiful jets around pulsars. 
I can't agree with the "not even comparable" you used. I think they are comparable, at least in scientific accuracy. 

spaceguy
Explorer
Explorer

16 Aug 2017 19:51

Not even comparable to the scientific realism of Space Engine in fact.
I can't agree with you. Have you found a Herbig Ae/Be star in SE? I never did. 
But there are lots of them in Elite Dangerous. 
Yes, ED is a game, but it's done well as a video game. Yet SE is a space sim game engine, so it should be more accurate, that's true. But the fact is, both of them have their own pros and cons. ED has no accretion disks around BHs and NSs, while SE doesn't have those beautiful jets around pulsars. 
I can't agree with the "not even comparable" you used. I think they are comparable, at least in scientific accuracy. 
Pulsar jets aren't even visible from any other angles besides head-on. ;p

the photo guy
Explorer
Explorer

16 Aug 2017 19:59

First: They are still really beautiful and cool looking ;p Second: really? I didn't know that .-. why is that so? is it because of exposure levels?
Last edited by the photo guy on 18 Aug 2017 23:45, edited 1 time in total.

spaceguy
Explorer
Explorer

16 Aug 2017 20:58

First: They are still really beautiful and cool looking ;p Second: really? I didn't know that .-. why is that so? is it because of exposure levels?
It's because the jets are high-energy, relativistic beams of particles and radiation. With nothing to bounce off, the only way you'd be able to see them is when the jet directly beams over your eye which directly increases the brightness. Think of a laser pointer.
Last edited by spaceguy on 29 Nov 2017 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

the photo guy
Explorer
Explorer

16 Aug 2017 21:15

It's because the jets are high-energy beams of particles and radiation. With nothing to bounce off, the only way you'd be able to know is when the jet directly beams over your eye which directly increases the brightness. Think of a laser pointer.
ah, that makes sense. thanks :)

☭ Soviet Longhorn ☭
Observer
Observer

11 Nov 2017 20:28

All 10/10 nebulae
One small step for man, one, giant leap for communism.

donatelo200
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

12 Nov 2017 01:37

It's because the jets are high-energy beams of particles and radiation. With nothing to bounce off, the only way you'd be able to know is when the jet directly beams over your eye which directly increases the brightness. Think of a laser pointer.
An extremely deadly laser pointer at that.  :P
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012)
RAM: Unknown 16G-D3-1600-MR 2x8GB
MBD: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition (MS-7922)

the photo guy
Explorer
Explorer

13 Nov 2017 21:50

An extremely deadly laser pointer at that
The sun is a deadly l-NO

nsgallup
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

29 Nov 2017 15:56

You learn something new everyday.