Ultimate space simulation software

Fireinthehole
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Politics

21 Aug 2017 14:29

We have to learn to live without borders. If we want to survive.
I have nothing against different cultures. On the contrary, this is one of the things we need to learn - to respect the different cultures.
As far as the different languages are concerned, all people should speak the same language. (This need not necessarily be English. I am for Esperanto.)
But all languages should be preserved. This means that most people should be at least bilingual.

(Regarding the religions - all religions should be banned. Especially the monotheistic.  Religions that have many gods are usually more tolerant. (But this is just my personal opinion.))
I don't see how it would be impossible for mankind to survive if we preserved our countries and borders. We've managed to make it this far, right?

We should not respect all cultures. All cultures are not equal, some are clearly better than others. A culture in which women have little to no rights, would that culture really be equal to a culture in which men and women are equal? Honor cultures, child marriage cultures, cultures in which animals are treated badly etc. We should never tolerate inequalities or cruelty.

As for the language part, I think that is inevitable. I think it will be English, which is widely used in business and education all over the world. Esperanto is a good alternative. However, I think it is too based on Romance languages. Most constructed languages are very eurocentric.

I agree with you on religion, although banning will not work (this will only lead to religious extremism).

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Politics

21 Aug 2017 16:31

Nationalism and corporatism are both short sighted.  In the future, when we explore space, borders should not exist.  About cultures, I wouldn't say any culture is superior to any other, but they are all at different levels of development.  I follow the prime directive- it isn't our place to meddle with other cultures, they should develop freely on their own.

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Politics

21 Aug 2017 16:34

Based on everything that I have heard, and all the research that I have done, the use of violence is a central theme in the antifa movement. The Department of Homeland Security in the US state of New Jersey actually considers antifa to be a terrorist movement.
They might be, but remember the civil rights and environmental movements were also wiretapped, even when they were nonviolent.  I have more of a problem with the government surveillance state than I do with anything else.  I favor nonviolence, but the government should also be nonviolent and not trample on the rights of people.

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Politics

21 Aug 2017 16:37

We are humans, but humans are diverse. We speak different languages, we have different cultures, we have different religions, different ways of believing what is right and what is wrong etc. I don't think humanity is ready for a world without countries and borders.
We have to learn to live without borders. If we want to survive.
I have nothing against different cultures. On the contrary, this is one of the things we need to learn - to respect the different cultures.
As far as the different languages are concerned, all people should speak the same language. (This need not necessarily be English. I am for Esperanto.)
But all languages should be preserved. This means that most people should be at least bilingual.

(Regarding the religions - all religions should be banned. Especially the monotheistic.  Religions that have many gods are usually more tolerant. (But this is just my personal opinion.))
You and I agree on almost all levels.  I would also add that corporatism and supermergers need to be stopped.  We need to go all renewable and nuclear, and completely do away with fossil fuels and fracking, and need universal healthcare.  The population needs to be stabilized and pollution stopped.  I also favor a completely free society with an open government- none of this surveillance BS.  People won't trust the government until and unless the government starts trusting the people.

People should work hard for the preservation of the planet above all else, above and beyond country and even above and beyond our own species.

Salvo
Pioneer
Pioneer

Politics

22 Aug 2017 02:13

We must learn that we are not Germans or Italians or Russians or Americans, but that we are all human beings of one earth.
Yeah, you're right!

I agree with you from that point of view, but, from an economic prospective, I think division works better that union. That's because economy is not uniform, not every area of the world progresses economically in the same way, some countries go "faster" while others go "slower". I think (but it's just my opinion) that "big unions" only benefits the areas that has a more active economy, they work very well as soon as the economy goes in the same way everywhere.

For example, I don't think Africa (just an example) would benefit if it was part of a "global government". It would just make things harder for this government because it would need to solve all the problems that Africa has, and this would lead to "no-state feeling" and the creation of mafias.
Maybe in long-term some benefits would start to appear, but it requires a lot of time, and a strong government that is able to defeat any mafia-like organization.
The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 RAM: 8 GBs

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Politics

22 Aug 2017 13:58

We must learn that we are not Germans or Italians or Russians or Americans, but that we are all human beings of one earth.
Yeah, you're right!

I agree with you from that point of view, but, from an economic prospective, I think division works better that union. That's because economy is not uniform, not every area of the world progresses economically in the same way, some countries go "faster" while others go "slower". I think (but it's just my opinion) that "big unions" only benefits the areas that has a more active economy, they work very well as soon as the economy goes in the same way everywhere.

For example, I don't think Africa (just an example) would benefit if it was part of a "global government". It would just make things harder for this government because it would need to solve all the problems that Africa has, and this would lead to "no-state feeling" and the creation of mafias.
Maybe in long-term some benefits would start to appear, but it requires a lot of time, and a strong government that is able to defeat any mafia-like organization.
Yes and this is exactly why I favor noninterventionist policies- let all cultures develop on their own without outside interference (unless genocide is occurring of course.)
But I also do not favor nationalism or "patriotism."  I don't bow to the flag of any nation just like I don't favor any religion.  In the big picture, it's all meaningless.  We are but specks of dust in a vast universe and it's silly to wage wars over parcels of land that were around billions of years before us and will be here billions of years after we are long gone.  I also don't favor megacorporations allowed to regulate themselves and do whatever they want to the environment, this cancer called "neoliberalism".  They worship another god, and their god is green.  And that isn't the environment either.

You mentioned mafia- the mafia cartels ARE the megacorporations.

BananaMapper
Observer
Observer

Politics

28 Aug 2017 15:08

Politics in the US consists of Angry White guys (republicans) Fighting slightly younger Angry White guys (democrats). 
So True xD

I am a Conservative Republican yet I still have an interest in technology and space (Suprising huh?)

Haravin
Observer
Observer

Politics

30 Aug 2017 09:41

I support donald trump, and I feel that I am harassed by liberals at times. For instance, I mentioned something supportive of donald trump at class, and one of my classmates got really mad and told me I was a homophobe. I think this sort of stupidity is stupid. Who agrees?

NathanKerbonaut
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Politics

30 Aug 2017 11:12

I support donald trump, and I feel that I am harassed by liberals at times. For instance, I mentioned something supportive of donald trump at class, and one of my classmates got really mad and told me I was a homophobe. I think this sort of stupidity is stupid. Who agrees?
I'm annoyed by them too, but for a different reason. I'm no expert, but here's my analysis.

From my experience, the political scene can be divided into two major camps. One of these is the left, which believes in unity between all people. Antifa is a relevant example, whose "members" oppose hatred they believe will divide their communities.

Despite echoing the left's rally for equality, unlike the rest of the left liberals do not accept their call to action. Instead the extent of liberal action includes witty editorials, hashtags on social media, and filters on online avatars. This accomplishes nothing! Liberals are no leftists; such apathy puts them on-par with centrists. The fact that liberals are often seen as the face of leftism is extremely annoying to those of us who actually care about what we say and do.

In the case of Trump, liberals have eaten up what mainstream media has said about him and regurgitated it with no thought. Are they wrong? Sometimes. (A broken clock is right twice a day) But can they support their claims? Absolutely not. That responsibility is carried by leftists.

EDIT: I can't help but edit this a million times as I read it over, oops
I like cute pokemon and space games.
My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=173
Profile pic source: https://goo.gl/JdZX5v

willi55
Observer
Observer

Politics

05 Sep 2017 10:12

hate all of them

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Politics

05 Sep 2017 12:09

I have to agree with you that I despise neoliberals like the Clintons- they are the disease that caused most of the problems with their greed.  Trump is a symptom of the problem, not the cure but also not the cause.  I consider myself a progressive and a libertarian and prefer the Nordic Model.

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Politics

19 Sep 2017 12:12

[youtube]iUPcEYik2Oc[/youtube]

Rocket man is on a suicide mission for himself
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Permian Therapsid
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Politics

25 Sep 2017 08:58

I have to agree with you that I despise neoliberals like the Clintons- they are the disease that caused most of the problems with their greed.  Trump is a symptom of the problem, not the cure but also not the cause.  I consider myself a progressive and a libertarian and prefer the Nordic Model.
Nordic model in Finland is being currently destroyed by prime minister Sipilä and his party Keskusta and the Kokoomus party that is withing government with them right now.

This is how I feel right now as many government owned things are being privatized right now. And many of these new privatizations seem to be completely unnecessary. I guess hard times might be ahead.

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Politics

26 Sep 2017 02:42

Nordic model in Finland is being currently destroyed by prime minister Sipilä and his party Keskusta and the Kokoomus party that is withing government with them right now.

This is how I feel right now as many government owned things are being privatized right now. And many of these new privatizations seem to be completely unnecessary. I guess hard times might be ahead.
That's probably why Denmark, Norway and Iceland are ranked higher in democracy.  I think Sweden might be headed in the same direction as Finland, they're becoming pretty conservative too.

Permian Therapsid
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Politics

03 Oct 2017 18:45

That's probably why Denmark, Norway and Iceland are ranked higher in democracy.  I think Sweden might be headed in the same direction as Finland, they're becoming pretty conservative too.
Well, I guess the democracy rating may have some truth in it. However the fact that Swedes may be doing same mistakes as in my country does not help the situation. Anyway I hope that all these privatization upgrades will not come in use here. Also the new government may fix them maybe. Only the time will tell. 

Also to add, I am supporter of the Nordic model as you may have noticed. I know updates may be needed for new times and situations and the model can be changed but I just do not want to see such huge changes for one direction to happen at same time.