Free planetarium

A-L-E-X
Explorer
Topic Author

Dreams (lucid dreaming, precognitive, etc.)

07 May 2017 17:55

I keep a dream diary and wanted to post about some of my more vivid and strange dreams here.  Some of them seem to not be scientifically possible but I'm sure there's a scientific explanation for them (even if it involves heightened senses or something else unusual.)

https://supermanbatmanalexthegreatest.s ... y.com/2652

I documented some of them here. Before last week my last "precognitive" dream was three years ago, a week or so before my dad passed away.
"first dream I had was when he was in critical condition in ICU he came to me in a dream and told me
that he was going to be in stable condition and transferred to room 230

that night my sister called me and told me he was now in stable condition and put in room 2030

so my dream wasnt completely accurate but close enough
missed just one 0 !"

This past week I had another dream somewhat like that.  I don't set an alarm clock or an alarm on my phone because my sense of time (at least subconsciously) is pretty accurate.  I had a conference I needed to attend at 10:30 AM and I woke up at 9:15 AM and told myself I could snooze for another 15 min and wake up at 9:30 and still have just enough time to get ready.  So I laid back down and closed my eyes and woke up (or so I thought) and gazed at the clock on my cable tv box and saw that it read 9:31 and as I was looking at it, it changed to 9:32.  Thinking I needed to get out of bed I got in a bit of a panic and reached over for the TV remote to turn on the TV to help energize me without looking at the box and pressed 4 for NBC on the remote and it showed 4 on the cable box when I looked up- but here's the thing.  After showing the channel for a couple of seconds the box switches back to showing the time again and it showed 9:31 and as I was looking at it- it switched to 9:32- and I was like, "huh?"  Didn't I just see that happen a few minutes ago as I was first getting up?!  Then I realized I was in a half-waking state and that was a dream I had had but the fact that when I actually woke up I saw the same exact thing happen that happened in my dream is what really got me.  It also happened 3 years ago when my dad was in the hospital and it's the first time it's happened since (that I can remember.)  I do have frequent lucid dreams and sometimes have up to 20 dreams a night and remember them and I can enter and leave my dreams at will (and even re-enter them after I wake up and fall asleep again sometimes if I want.)
Last edited by A-L-E-X on 07 May 2017 17:56, edited 1 time in total.

A-L-E-X
Explorer
Topic Author

07 May 2017 17:55

A-L-E-X wrote:
I keep a dream diary and wanted to post about some of my more vivid and strange dreams here.  Some of them seem to not be scientifically possible but I'm sure there's a scientific explanation for them (even if it involves heightened senses or something else unusual.)

https://supermanbatmanalexthegreatest.s ... y.com/2652

I documented some of them here. Before last week my last "precognitive" dream was three years ago, a week or so before my dad passed away.

"first dream I had was when he was in critical condition in ICU he came to me in a dream and told me
that he was going to be in stable condition and transferred to room 230

that night my sister called me and told me he was now in stable condition and put in room 2030

so my dream wasnt completely accurate but close enough
missed just one 0 !"

This past week I had another dream somewhat like that.  I don't set an alarm clock or an alarm on my phone because my sense of time (at least subconsciously) is pretty accurate.  I had a conference I needed to attend at 10:30 AM and I woke up at 9:15 AM and told myself I could snooze for another 15 min and wake up at 9:30 and still have just enough time to get ready.  So I laid back down and closed my eyes and woke up (or so I thought) and gazed at the clock on my cable tv box and saw that it read 9:31 and as I was looking at it, it changed to 9:32.  Thinking I needed to get out of bed I got in a bit of a panic and reached over for the TV remote to turn on the TV to help energize me without looking at the box and pressed 4 for NBC on the remote and it showed 4 on the cable box when I looked up- but here's the thing.  After showing the channel for a couple of seconds the box switches back to showing the time again and it showed 9:31 and as I was looking at it- it switched to 9:32- and I was like, "huh?"  Didn't I just see that happen a few minutes ago as I was first getting up?!  Then I realized I was in a half-waking state and that was a dream I had had but the fact that when I actually woke up I saw the same exact thing happen that happened in my dream is what really got me.  It also happened 3 years ago when my dad was in the hospital and it's the first time it's happened since (that I can remember.)  I do have frequent lucid dreams and sometimes have up to 20 dreams a night and remember them and I can enter and leave my dreams at will (and even re-enter them after I wake up and fall asleep again sometimes if I want.)

Xoran
Pioneer

09 May 2017 05:45

A-L-E-X, there is already a thread for dreams here  :)
Space is too big to understand, so do not try to understand.

A-L-E-X
Explorer
Topic Author

24 May 2017 21:56

LOL you guys are the Mensa of forums.  I didn't dream that you'd have a thread about dreams already.  Should I post this entire thing there, or just the link?  I'm thinking just the link.