Ultimate space simulation software

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Conspiracy Theory Thread

10 Aug 2017 13:54

Alex jones is a joke. Now he says that there is a child slave ring in mars.
[youtube]1BQ26jzAvy8[/youtube]
He reads too much Burroughs!

Stellarator
World Builder
World Builder

Conspiracy Theory Thread

28 Feb 2019 22:10

Isaac Arthur - THE NEW DAVID ICKE?

[youtube]IpF25knrGtg[/youtube]

Just kidding - this video is an fresh new look at an old and stagnant topic, in typical Isaac Arthurian fashion. 
Futurum Fusionem

N0B0DY
Explorer
Explorer

Conspiracy Theory Thread

13 Mar 2019 13:54

I almost believed it:
The Secret Space Program and Black Budget | Solar Warden Part 1
The Secret Space Program and Black Budget | Solar Warden (Part TWO)
non terrestrial officers??

ehhm I am veery skeptic...
What do you guys think?
MSIX299MB,[email protected](8C/16T),[email protected](CL16),GTX1080Ti@11GBGDDR5X,OS:WIN10x64@2xSSDSATA3RAID0

Stellarator
World Builder
World Builder

Conspiracy Theory Thread

13 Mar 2019 18:34

I almost believed it:
The Secret Space Program and Black Budget | Solar Warden Part 1
The Secret Space Program and Black Budget | Solar Warden (Part TWO)
non terrestrial officers??

ehhm I am veery skeptic...
What do you guys think?
Don't buy it. I was into that kind of stuff when I was younger, and it was a great lesson in human self-deception. Inevitably, these theories rely on you to hang up your hat of rationality and just embrace the wildest claims to validate the 'global-conspiracy' world-view. In order to accept the Secret Space program and all that bunk, you need to believe these whistle-blowers when they tell you that the Nazis never lost the war and that they have a space fleet too, that FTL flight is possible and that FTL is possible because the government is covering up a top-secret highly efficient power-source and engines. These technolgies are based on exotic and non-Standard physics which inevitably will lead you to Electric Universe theory to explain how they operate.  Add some aliens and ancient civilizations in there and you're all set. Down the rabbit hole you go. It actually sounds a lot cooler then it really is.

Don't get me wrong, something broadly similar could happen. Researcher Richard Dolan once famously said, "There is a secret Space Program. What do you think government satellites are?". I agree with him, an he is a good author to follow if you're further interested in such things, even though he is still a UFOlogist. His books are interesting and well-written, but they are still more or less unscientific.

I believe the non-Terrestrial officers reference you made is that story about the British hacker Gary McKinnon? An interesting story, but at the end that is all it is. One simply cannot believe that he saw secret NASA files depicting UFOs and a military program alluding to a space program without proof, and he has none. Maybe he really saw something like that, or maybe he is a liar trying to weasel out of a harsh sentence by making a scene.

So bullet point here that I do think something similar could exist (after all, the Soviet space program during the Space Race was pretty secretive - that just doesn't apply to the modern world though), I just don't think that does, and it isn't what is being 'exposed' here online. If the SSP is so pervasive, it should be to easy for citizens to find out the truth with our new-fangled telescopes, panoramic cameras and satellite imagery, thus defeating the point of a 'secret'. The more excuses you make for our ignorance then the more extraordinary the cover-up needs to be.

Furthermore, there is no secrecy in space. Every engine-burn, electric pulse and computer-operation releases radiation, usually infrared. Almost all of the technology and craft that these 'whistleblowers' claim exist would leak some sort of radiation heat that radio-telescopes and other ground-based sensors could detect. So the idea of a 'Secret' Space Program is laughable. The only reason it could have worked back in the fifties is because we didn't have that sort of infrastructure.

Last but not least, I'm really amused when the conspiracy theorists say that our world will turn into a utopia free of government control when we get the secret technologies for the public. These people are obviously not as familiar with corporations and governments as they think they are, because I can guarantee you that there will still be such societal entities in existence if fusion power or whatever pulls through. The infomatrix of domination (<- that is a real sociological term, not a conspiracy buzzword) will still be in place, regardless of consumer energy-source.
Last edited by Stellarator on 13 Mar 2019 18:58, edited 2 times in total.
Futurum Fusionem

Stellarator
World Builder
World Builder

Conspiracy Theory Thread

13 Mar 2019 18:46

Also, I have to add, why are ALL of the whistle-blower claims so sensational? I recently watched a SSP video for kicks and (wasn't) amazed to find out that the SSP went to Mars and found the ruins of an ancient civilization.

I know this stuff isn't real because there are no underwhelming or mundane stories from whistle-blowers. No tales of "Yeah, we went to Mars and the Moon. We just found a lot of rocks and dust, it's sort of a boring place for a top military expert like myself. Only the geologists went crazy". Real-life operations and exploration generally goes like that. Lots of boring discoveries, with most that are only interesting to a scientific niche.  
Futurum Fusionem

N0B0DY
Explorer
Explorer

Conspiracy Theory Thread

14 Mar 2019 07:22

Yes I am always cautious with such stories. I was a believer back in my late teens but now I think these stories are there just to feed those who just want to believe because they always want to think there is something out there to feed their fantasies / insecurities / put any reason you can think off here.
As you said back in the 50s / early sixties there could be a valid reason to believe such stories - the technology was not accessible to the average joe and the internet (as we use it now) was not available (or more precisely accessible).
Now I just think these stories are serving another purpose: they are there to deviate the public opinion from more crucial and realistic issues that should worry us. Issues such us climate change, insane spending on military, higher and higher stratification of society and the social and economical (and power) pyramid-like structure of the world which becomes every day more and more intense. The governments and the elite of the world are using these stories to their advantage for this purpose. To misguide the public. And the public buys it. As they have something to believe. This is how the powerful & the elite of the world rule through the centuries..
MSIX299MB,[email protected](8C/16T),[email protected](CL16),GTX1080Ti@11GBGDDR5X,OS:WIN10x64@2xSSDSATA3RAID0

midtskogen
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Conspiracy Theory Thread

14 Mar 2019 14:07

Argh. I clicked the first video, and now I have probably ruined Youtube's recommendations for me.
NIL DIFFICILE VOLENTI

Stellarator
World Builder
World Builder

Conspiracy Theory Thread

20 Mar 2019 02:39

The REAL reason why we never went back to the Moon :lol:!

[youtube]nw4QB9ufD1M[/youtube]
Futurum Fusionem

Stellarator
World Builder
World Builder

Conspiracy Theory Thread

31 Mar 2019 01:37

This is NOT a pro Flat-Earther video, but an interesting delve into the zeitgeist of anti-establishment (specifically anti-science/intellectualism) movements, which ultimately find expression in otherwise ludicrous theories like Flat-Earth.

[youtube]umo6pMCkcXs[/youtube]
Futurum Fusionem

Kailth
Observer
Observer

Conspiracy Theory Thread

08 Apr 2019 08:53

To be honest, the idea of a flat Earth, in my opinion personally, is completely far-fetched!
Hi, guys!)

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Conspiracy Theory Thread

08 Apr 2019 11:11

This is NOT a pro Flat-Earther video, but an interesting delve into the zeitgeist of anti-establishment (specifically anti-science/intellectualism) movements, which ultimately find expression in otherwise ludicrous theories like Flat-Earth.

[youtube]umo6pMCkcXs[/youtube]
Unfortunately, we have a lot of money corruption in the equation, which leads to "scientists" (I use that term loosely) who back dont back climate change science, pesticides that cause cancer, etc.  Like I always say, Follow the money.....

Stellarator
World Builder
World Builder

Conspiracy Theory Thread

09 Apr 2019 02:54

To be honest, the idea of a flat Earth, in my opinion personally, is completely far-fetched!
Good on you for thinking so. Without me even knowing anything about you, I can tell that you are a mentally competent individual :|.

The video was not really discussing the viability of the FE model, nor tackles debunking it (although it does so beautifully at several points). Rather, it tries to identify the key issues that catalyzes in so many people believing this primitive theory. These include but are not limited to, a lack of trust in official sources due to political unease, and of course engaging in the practices of bad science without knowing in the first place what good science is.
Futurum Fusionem

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Conspiracy Theory Thread

09 Apr 2019 16:33

Good on you for thinking so. Without me even knowing anything about you, I can tell that you are a mentally competent individual :|.

The video was not really discussing the viability of the FE model, nor tackles debunking it (although it does so beautifully at several points). Rather, it tries to identify the key issues that catalyzes in so many people believing this primitive theory. These include but are not limited to, a lack of trust in official sources due to political unease, and of course engaging in the practices of bad science without knowing in the first place what good science is.
The anti-climate change science group squarely fits into that category, although the ironic thing is, if people put more energy into learning and not being so resistant to change, they could actually see how change benefits them and society as a whole.  That plus corporate lobbies that seek to reduce regulations of fossil fuels, chemicals, food, etc., use corrupt crony capitalism to further their agenda.  Following the money trail has become easier because of the usage of Freedom of Information Requests (FOIA) so now it's much easier to see who gets money from whom for doing what in terms of spreading propaganda.
Around here we keep going backwards, Agent Orange reversed the ban on offshore drilling and we've had a spate of offshore earthquakes recently, including one this morning, just 33 miles south of Long Island.

Stellarator
World Builder
World Builder

Conspiracy Theory Thread

10 Apr 2019 01:51

Around here we keep going backwards
A wise man on the forum once said that "scientific progress is a two steps forward, one step back sort of thing" ;).
Futurum Fusionem

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Conspiracy Theory Thread

12 Apr 2019 14:56

Around here we keep going backwards
A wise man on the forum once said that "scientific progress is a two steps forward, one step back sort of thing" ;).
I remember seeing that on an IQ test back in grade school haha, there was a puzzle about how long it would take to climb stairs with x steps on it (I dont remember the number of steps lol) if a caterpillar climbed 2 steps every day and came back down 1 step every night.