My friend decided to buy his first scope, a 200mm Skywatcher with HEQ5 Pro mount.
2nd night out after we figured out how to get all the software integrated and working. EQmod, stellarium and sharpcap and some other one for the guide scope. We had issues with no RA tracking with the guide scope but my friend has now worked out the issue, was some software settings.
We had terrible viewing conditions with thick smoke here in Aus and the moon was also out illuminating the smoke. Almost no stars were visible, only just barely.
Gimped RA tracking, no filters, iso 200, 480sec single frame of exposure on a canon DSLR, poor smoky conditions. Bit of processing on my part, I had no idea what I was doing, noob at image processing.
But we got this as a proof of concept that the setup works, which it did.
Goals are to eventually get a proper CCD with filter wheel and perform a good amount of exposures in decent conditions not this mess that the bush fires caused, stack and process. My friend is really good at image processing so I think it will work out.